Search Ifa articles

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Contemplation on the Odu Iwori Aweda (Iwori Ogunda)


I was trained to dance, and I danced.
I was trained to play music, and I played.
I was trained to sing, and I sang.
But none of these were my gift, they were merely tricks I learned to perform.  Gifts given to others, though sometimes I'd secretly wished they were mine.
In time my gift appeared to me, a stranger long a part of my life, but never recognized
My gift was the intricate dance of fingers, pen and paper
My gift was the creation of a symphony of ideas
My gift was the voice that changed thoughts into sounds
Sometimes we wish for a gift that was given to another
but in time
with an open heart and mind
we might see the gift that was given to us.
If we are smart enough to recognize that gift
we must fulfill our destiny and give that gift to the world
- Marcos Ifalola Sanchez

No comments: