Search Ifa articles

Saturday, October 7, 2017

Contemplation on the Odu Odi Ika ( Idi Ika )


I’m not happy knowing
You’ve simply read my words
It doesn’t give me pleasure if
You skimmed a passage or two
I won’t feel accomplished because
You’ve heard about my work
That means
Absolutely
Nothing
I want each line to
Punch you in the gut and
Knock the wind out of you
Leaving you gasping for more
I want my ideas to
Rip apart your reality and
Litter your world with crushed beliefs
Forcing you to rebuild your mind 
Slowly
Thoughtfully
Brick by brick
I want these visions to
Release you from the jail of your existence
Leaving you free to breathe truth
So deeply your lungs burn and
Tears stream from your eyes
Broken
Is just another word for
Potential
Lost
Assumes you need to be
Found
Alive
Isn’t just a passing state
It’s how you should feel
Every moment
Climb your mountain
Reach the top
Scream to the world
Am 
Me

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As my fanatical Christian aunt likes to say: “if you can’t say Amen, just say Ouch!” Continue punching us in the gut with truth. I will refrain from being a nuisance by commenting on every thread, but know I’m here. Lol