Search Ifa articles

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Contemplation on the Odu Okanran Oyeku

I can't relate
to what you are saying
though I'm sure you think I understand
I can't comprehend
the thoughts in your mind
though I'm sure you know I understand
I can't feel
the emotions you're conjuring
though I'm sure you believe I understand
Your lips move
your eyes flutter
your arms wave
your body shakes
and yet
no matter how right you think you are
you haven't moved me
Perhaps it's because you're talking AT me
instead of TO me
Or maybe I've just shut down
in response to your emotional tirade
of venomous hissing
As you turn my heart to stone
I muster the courage of Perseus
to cut you off
with a polite
"no thanks,
I'm not buying"
You see
a pile of dung
no matter how poetic the euphemism
is still
a pile of dung

No comments: