Search Ifa articles

Monday, May 13, 2019

Contemplation on the Odu Otura Okanran

Your eyes
Haunting pockets of ice
Hide the glacier underneath
A siren bewitching the simple
Hearts of men
I dislike that I have
Fallen under your spell
That I know under
Different circumstance you would have
Passed me by without a second look
Or even a first
Yet still I yearn
I’m trying not to judge
We are who we are
What saddens me is seeing the
Fissures in my own character that let me feel
Less than
I know the greatest wisdom sometimes lies
In the torn pages of forgotten books
That as the colors fade
The words remain
Revealing their true worth
Perhaps it is I that will haunt you
Perhaps I give myself too much credit
In the end
When we shed our skins
All that will be left are the words of a few
Lucky souls
Until even those become
Stardust

No comments: