Search Ifa articles

Saturday, June 3, 2017

Contemplation on the odu Osa Ofun


Under cover of night 
My insecurities launch a
Sneak attack into the
Jungle of my mind
Invading my
Consciousness 
Half paralyzed by sleep
And unable to mount
A proper defense
I'm forced to experience
My innermost fears
Sometimes mundane
Other times terrifying 
My reality is torn apart 
And my soul laid bare
Like carrion for the
Vultures of anxiety
To feed on
But with the dawn
Comes rebirth
As I wake to find
My world is not
So bleak
The light of day
Cleansing my vision
So that I might see a
Path forward 
And live 
another
day

1 comment:

Ast Htp said...

Alaafia, this is so beautiful and so on point. I received this Odu for the first quarter of this year and reading this described exactly how I feel and brought comfort to me. A dupe!