Search Ifa articles

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Contemplation on the Odu Oturupon Ogunda (otrupon ogunda)


if I cradled your heart
and rocked it to sleep
with the song of my life
we'd have a revolution
if I reached into your mind
and pulled the tears out
one by one
we'd have a revolution
if I held your soul
and squeezed it gently
until it stopped shaking
we'd have a revolution
if I made you stop
and showed you how
the world is cruel
we'd have a revolution
so why have we not yet
begun the movement
that turned into a revolution
forever changing the world
into a place where
our children
and their children
will all live the life they should?
hearts
minds
souls
need to believe in each other
and realize we're all in this together
for better
or worse
in sickness
or in health
we are all married
in a place
where even death
can't divorce us
start a revolution of kindness

No comments: